Qualifications and Experience
I am qualified to Masters’ level in Business and Engineering and have also gained a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education, gaining experience in service delivery and development in four educational sectors.
I have considerable experience in private and public/charity sectors involving marketing communications, product and strategic marketing where I have developed excellent business planning, content and copy writing skills and the production of on-brand collateral and digital and social media marketing expertise.
- Excellent track record as Bid Manager in Aspirations Care Ltd with more than 95% success rate in Local Authority and CCG frameworks and tenders in England and Wales.
- Successful funding submissions to DfE (£200K - £680K), Bristol City Council, ESF (£0.5m) for the delivery of community capacity building for agencies across the West of England.
- Experience of developing online and social media profile from concept to interactive web portal attracting more than 500K registered users in 5 years; online learning program development; Twitter account and content management using Hootsuite. Content generation and management including facilitated advice forums, blogs, diagnostic tool. Management of third party/freelance web development and hosting companies. SEO and creation of effective user journeys using content management, design and Google analytics.
- More than 10 years experience in industrial marketing communications including event/trade show management; brand management; content design and writing of brochures, technical product sheets, press releases etc.
- Strategic business analysis and planning (GEC Plessey Telecommunications, BT Mobile).
"I have always found Susan to be a diligent and conscientious colleague. She is exceptionally well-organised, methodical and a great communicator. Susan has an outstanding track record on successful bids."
Anna Thomas – Co-worker
Aspirations Care Ltd
"Sue has done several tender/ framework applications with an exceptional success rate, Sue works to a tight timescale and with passion and detail, I find it a very cost effective way to manage bid applications."
Mandy Whyatt, Managing Director
The Leaving Care Company Ltd
"Sue did a fantastic job not only did she write the funding application bid for £635k to take the National Initiative forward she also applied and won over £30k for participation projects. She ran several workshops nationally and helped to build networks with other professional and volunteer groups. Without Sue's brilliant work the project would have been a none starter."
Celia Arthur, Program Manager
Right Track, The Children’s Society